Monday, May 24, 2010

Too many costumes, Too much partying

Is there even such a thing as too many costumes or too much partying? Yes, yes there is. And it's happened. Clearly, as evidenced by this lovely email that came out from the CIMIC (Chief Ice Man in Charge)...someone has been partying too much.

From: Chief Ice Man in Charge
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2010 8:19 AM
To: MCM-WinterOvers
Subject: Try a Peer Counselor before Drinking Those Problems Away

Hope you all had a great weekend. Someone had a pretty good Sunday night in the front stairwell of 209... well only if you gage a good time based on the mess you leave behind.

So, to the individual that got sick in the stairwell, Please ask your supervisor to allow you a little time off this morning to clean up that mess. You can make your lost work time up later. I suspect your supervisor would respect you a little more if you made the problem (or mess) right.

(One of the greatest puking scenes ever - "Stand By Me")
Inserted by me for dramatic effect.

My hopes are that you don't leave that mess for the Janitors to clean up. That would put you into the despicable category and demonstrate that your problem is more than a drinking problem, but also a problem of civility.

Hope you can work through this, if you know what I mean.

For everyone else, please drink responsibly and if you do make a mess clean it up as soon as possible.

Thanks,
CIMIC

What I find most amusing about this e-mail is the fact that I often hear complaints from people on how The Company doesn't treat us employees like adults. Well, perhaps if said complainer and/or puker behaved a little more like an adult, they would be treated like one. And that, is all I'll say about that.

On an even more shocking note, (now this is really unbelievable) I am beginning to tire of parties that require a costume. GASP! Yes, there. I said it. I LOVE a good costume party, but at 32, it just seems a little ridiculous to be dressing up in a costume EVERY weekend (or even partying EVERY weekend). Thankfully, due to my continued unpleasant semi-allergic type reactions to alcohol, I haven't really been "partying" too much. This coming two-day weekend provides no rest for the over-costumed...with the "P" Party and Space Party at Scott Base. What is a girl to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment