Saturday, June 12, 2010

Class of '85 Murder High Reunion

I was actually only eight years old in 1985, but for the one long and mysterious evening here in McMurdo, I got to pretend I was a high school graduate of the '80s. MC and Shandra put together the Murder High Reunion at Hut 10 complete with costumes, brown envelopes that contained secret information and lots of drama.

Bring on the mystery!

Murder High Class of '85 al la McMurdo Station, Antarctica.
(Photo by MC)

Prior to the reunion, we were each sent a character sheet and information on our fellow classmates:


Be it rumor or fact, I was informed that our
characters were paired with our personalities, which means
I should probably be insulted that I was selected as the
Class Gossip, but who has time for grudges when there are
so many more interesting rumors to spread and truths to reveal...

Nicely done decorations!

With a little help from PhotoShop, and a lot of work
by our hosts (thanks MC & Shandra!), we are
transformed into our former awesome '80s selves.

Me, Baily Babble, The Class Gossip.

Terry (aka Shandra) the Hall Monitor and Me.

The former Prom King (Carl) mingles with the former
Drama Queen (Marika),the Band Geek (Robyn) chit chats
with the Cheerleader (Allison) and so on...

Our former Class President, now Antarctican
President Elect (Michael Davis) helps outline former
Audio Visual Lead now Hollywood Director,
Steven (Jack) Spielson's dead body with masking tape.

Steven conveniently died next to his unfinished beer...

which he is still able to enjoy in the afterlife.

The Glam and Glory of 1985 amidst a murder.

The evening turned out to be quite a mystery indeed, though we all did have our suspicions that Marika was guilty. Reputations were slain, rumors turned into monsters, and the whole class seemed to become zombies of some variety. We are all eternally famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment