I was especially sad and angry about the hole in the elbow of my favorite hoodie.


Thankfully, I found some nifty fabric and made some super elbow patches!


My hoodie's got character now!
Oddly enough, this is one of the circumstances I like most about Antarctica. It is not easy to find a quick fix for anything. Back in the US, the mentality is to throw away the old and buy new. When I last went to replace a piece for a watch I'd bought, it turned out to be less expensive to buy an entirely new watch than to fix the old one. Ridiculous! Here that is virtually impossible and so we must make do with what we have. Which, makes me take better care of my belongings. I can't afford to have the zipper on my coat stop working or my shoes wear out...they're all I've got.
No comments:
Post a Comment