Friday, June 4, 2010

In the Dark, Dark, Dark

Despite the fact that it has been dark since the end of April and we are indeed nearing the very middle of the winter season here in Antarctica, when I left the building for lunch at noon, I fully expected it to be light outside. I was shocked it was so dark.

I'm going to interpret that as a good sign. A sign that my body still has some idea of the difference between day and night. A sign that despite the seeming ups and downs of my mood, I'm mentally in the right vacinity.

MacTown at night. (View from Hut Point, Photo by Cynthia Spence)

Dorm side back enterance to B155, aka "Home." (Photo by Cynthia Spence)

121 Electrical Supply, aka "Work."

Peeking out of the 121 Warehouse door across the
street where the ever important restroom is located.

The dark side view from Electrical Supply.

It's dark in the morning, dark at noon, dark at night, until...

I turn on the light.

Then I can almost see, except for the frost on my glasses.

Once that clears up, I'm a happy camper.

And when the darkness really starts to get to me, I'll take that as a sign that perhaps I need to get up to the greenhouse a bit more for some light therapy.

Cynthia with a whole lot of lucious green! (Photo by Cynthia Spence)

Madeleine relaxes in the hammock with a good book. (I Drive Photo)

1 comment:

  1. You should definitely hang out there more! It looks better than my garden :-)

    ReplyDelete