
These are the first flowers and living plants I'd seen in 109 days
Happiness is: a good book of poetry (Alchemy of the Islands - a fabulous little number that includes poets from both New Zealand and Cuba), a pumkin chocolate-chip muffin, and a white mocha with coffee art...Sigh
Darling little birds that were scattered around the Art Center courtyard...
...that quickly evolved into pesky little twits as they pooped on all the chairs and very boldy tried to steal pieces of my muffin
The first of four days of delicious FRESH FOOD meals I made myself This one includes FRESH bread, Brie, a FRESH orange bell pepper, and a starkly brilliant gin and tonic with FRESH mint!
I happened to get in to town just in time for the World Buskers FestivalMore than any of the performances, I most liked the musical acts, I even bought a fantastic trip-hop CD that includes The Gingerbread Man song
Bold and bodacious buskers from Cincinnati
Who doesn't love the unicycle?
Most of the more complex performances, including acrobatics and arial shows took place here, in Victoria squareThere were lots of kids there - bright, beautiful, bouncy little people that giggled and laughed and reminded me of the beauty of the world
The futuristic mime...
who looked quite nice in orange...
and had pretty rad beats coming from her box
Who knew they'd let white-ass white girls run loose through Victoria Square? And just imagine...if I'm this white now, after 24/7 of sun in Antarctica...it's rumored I'll be transparent by August after six months of 24/7 dark
A beautiful bridge, surrounded by green, again, in Victoria Square
A DUCK...and more green
Lush green with mysterious stairs that lead to more lush green
Does this green photo really need a caption?
Green might quickly be becoming my second favorite color
Because I try (yes, I try) to be artful sometimes when I snap a photo - and this scene looked so much like a painting and romantic
Purple flowers, green leaves and flowing water
Punting, which also looks romantic
Stairway to the river - which would be a good band name
The pointing man...
TREES! I miss trees
A delectable Dux deLux Dinner: marinated/fried mushrooms, a mediterranean plate (which included ostentacious olives), a ginger beer, and a good book (The Alchemy of Air, hmmmm...I seemed to be reading a lot about alchemy lately)
A giant and grand chess board in Cathedral Square
BOTANIC GARDENS, by far, my favorite part of Christchurch thus far
The Fountain
A smiling white girl Little did I know I hadn't quite put enough sunscreen on, which resulted in a hilarious and minor sunburn just around the edges of that big circle necklace
The trolly...charming, no? Or as the locals call it...the tram
A positively palatable dinner: salad I made from groceries I bought (I was quite excited about grocery shopping) that included mixed greens, strawberries, crunchy mix, orange pepper and avocadoI also bought some Apricot Camembert cheese
and enjoyed another refreshing gin and tonic
Just in case you missed it the first time...I had THIS yummy salad
No comments:
Post a Comment