Sunday, November 22, 2009

My ICE Birthday

A birthday on the ICE is a treat like no other. Even at the bottom of the world, I had all the wishes and wonder of a celebration that will not soon be forgotten.

On Saturday (the day before my actual birthday) I was surprised at work during the three-o'clock break with a mini-party from the supply department and a cake (yes - an Antarctic baked cake!) made by Rocky and Bamma:



At break, we normally make anyone who comes up for parts take a break with us...well, people kept coming up and coming up. I thought, "What is this? A parts rush right at break?" It wasn't until the cake was in front of me and people started singing that I finally figured out what was going on!



Rebexy sent me down a pink feather boa and I made a birthday crown out of pipe-cleaners, hot glue and stickers (Me and Allison):



Two of my FAVORITE ICE people - Holly and Sharona:



Birthday fun at brunch (Mike, Stephanie and Me) - notice how the neon blue clock in the background is also at the tip of my crown!



Everyone loved the boa, especially Mike...



Stephanie!



Me and Sarah, who crocheted me a flower/leaves/bird mobile to help me through the winter!



AND, since Sharona is the Broadcast Engineer, she put my birthday on the TV!!! I got a whole 24-hours of fame:



Thanks to everyone back home too for all the birthday wishes and cards!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That looks like an awesome birthday! I'm glad the boa was a blast. Totally a good way to flirt with guys, too ;) Your peeps look like they know how to have a good time! Yay for the cake and the ChiChi birthday on the big screen! You're famous!!!

    *HUGS*
    Bexy

    ReplyDelete