Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween in Antarctica!

As I was told before I even got here, Antarcticans have an unholy love of costumes. Halloween was no exception.

Contrary to the norm, I had a fairly usual costume this year: a pirate, though I tried to spice it up a bit with a home-made (aluminum foil/masking tape) parrot.


I was Svetlana the Smoldering Poetess Pirate
with my parrot Lord Byron.


Me boots!


Arrrr!


Lord Byron - with his sweet eye-patch!


"Squawk!"


Bekah, who went as the ghost of Antarctic Austral Spring,
and LauraLee who went as Pollock's muse.


A fabulous person (who I don't know) that I chased down and picture tackled because he was dressed as DAVID BOWIE!!!


Lola the Vampire - look at those teeth! And me the Pirate.


The South Pole!


The Halloween Crowd - main party was in the gym.


Holly, the Russian Dancer, and me (again).


Bamma, Katie and Ben - Halloween party animals!



A Banana Man!


And finally, the knife and the spoon - who knows where the fork was!?!?!




Pumpkin Cookies and Ghost Treats from the Galley.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah! Your costume looks great and it looks like a rawkin time down there!!!

    <3 Rebexxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time for coffee at Staaaarbucks. That's my bad pun for the day. Lord Byron is both adorable and impressively crafted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you for creating Lord Byron the pirate parrot, and to that anonymous, fabulous person dressed as Bowie.

    Thanks for the postcard, by the way!

    ReplyDelete