Today was such a day...with an ambiant temperature of -35°F and a wind chill of -52°F.
A few things to note: I am a video dork, not an actress, I get excited easily (after all, it's the end of winter in Antarctica), notice my left hand in the heavy duty mitten that gets frozen bubble drips all over it, and my right hand that is just my glove liner, also, you can see the frost forming at the base of my gaitor and on my hair from breathing. You may notice too how some of the bubbles flatten as they float away, and some shatter in to pieces.
We were outside for a total of about 4 minutes for filming.
Here are the two videos:
Most of the bubbles flew away in the wind too quickly or exploded. However, some of the bubbles froze and sunk to the ground like little glass globes dancing across the top of the snow. Definitely something I'll try again...
Thanks to Scott and Cathy for their assistance in capturing this momentous occasion.
*And - my bubble blowing experiment made the front page of the SITREP.
No comments:
Post a Comment